The following is essential information for psychics when dealing with closed minded skeptics/materialists in the media. It is taken from some ten years of content analysis of debates in afterlife and psi between ‘skeptics’ and psychics/psi empiricists and other psi writers and supporters.
First, the word ‘skeptic’ is being used too loosely these days. A ‘skeptic’ is one who questions and doubts BUT always allows for possible future confirmation. Many of the important psi (psychic) empiricists are ‘open minded skeptics’. The professional media skeptics are better called ‘materialists’ because it is very clear that a ‘materialist’ is someone who ABSOLUTELY refuses to accept there can ever be any psi or the paranormal or the afterlife. You will be doing these materialists a big favor if you call them ‘skeptics’ – DON’T.
• Nearly all debunkers who appear on television and radio are professional materialists. It’s their income, their living and their reputations which are at stake each time they appear.
• Consistently, it has been shown that those crusading closed-minded flamboyant debunkers in the media are either promoting their own careers, (usually in psychology) or doing it for in/direct funding from the public.
• When you are confronted by materialists/debunkers during some media session be informed that they will try to dominate, manipulate and misrepresent; they will try to lie, cheat, mislead, bully - anything to score a cheap point at your expense. Don’t ever trust them anytime!
• If and whenever they come across as saying something in your favor – it’s like the hangman praising your neck!
• Don’t be caught unguarded. You must do your reading about the ‘skeptics.’ Study how they criticize you and other psychics. You will inevitably find what Neurolinguistic Programming Practitioners (NLP) identify as a great deal of ‘deletions’ – they will delete ANYTHING in your favor and anything in favor of the paranormal - and will focus only on the weaknesses of weak mediums.
• ALWAYS come across with the knowledge and attitude that there is IRREBUTABLE, irrefutable evidence for psi/afterlife existence.
• ‘Cognitive dissonance’ is a term used by psychologists to describe the discomfort that arises when people are confronted with information inconsistent with their beliefs. When a materialist is confronted with highly persuasive evidence for the psi/afterlife the materialist will deny it immediately because the evidence will elicit anxiety, increase his blood pressure, sweat etc. Denial will follow. The materialists will become angry, hostile and even aggressive He will try to reduce anxiety by denying the information.
• Because it gives them anxiety they don’t study the best evidence. They try to speak in generalities and imply that because it may be remotely possible to produce results fraudulently then AUTOMATICALLY all results can be assumed to be the result of fraud.
• Remember the rule: he who asserts must prove. We proved psi/afterlife exists. For example, Professor Gary Schwartz brilliantly showed this. (See also scientists in psi: http://www.victorzammit.com/book/chapter02.html. Others like myself as an expert in evidence have shown that there is empirical evidence – I outlined some 20 different areas of empirical evidence for the existence of the afterlife which up until the present have NOT been rebutted. It’s been on the Net for SEVEN years and NO SCIENTIST, NO EMPIRICIST has negated the said evidence!
Hereinafter you will find some ‘one liners’ to use when attacked by debunking materialists.
Historically, closed-minded skeptics have opposed every invention and discovery and have made fools of themselves:
• Sir William Preece former chief engineer of Britain's Post Office will be remembered for making one of the most 'idiotic' comments in history about Edison's inventions. Sir William stated that Edison's lamp (parallel circuit) was a 'completely idiotic idea'!
• Professors, including Professor Henry Morton who knew Edison, stated, immediately before Edison demonstrated the electric light globe: 'On behalf of science ... Edison's experiments are a ... fraud upon the public.'
• The Scientific American, The New York Times, The New York Herald, the U.S. Army, academics — including Professor of Mathematics and Astronomy Simon Newcomb from John Hopkins University— and many other American scientists all heaped derision, ridicule and denigration onto the Wright brothers claiming that it was: 'scientifically impossible for machines to fly'!
• One of the leading scientists from the French Academy of Sciences stated that hypnosis is a fraud and stated after seeing a hypnotized subject with a four inch needle in the top of his arm: 'This subject has been paid for not showing he's in pain'.
• Another scientist from the French Academy of Sciences, after listening to a record made by Edison, stated: '... clearly that is a case of ventriloquism'!
• John Logie Baird, the inventor of television, was attacked by closed-minded skeptics who stated it was: 'absolute rubbish that television waves could produce a picture!
There are hundreds of other examples of how closed-minded skeptics refused to believe anything which was not consistent with their own entrenched cherished beliefs and their five senses. The above examples were taken from a most powerful book by Richard Milton called FORBIDDEN SCIENCE - SUPPRESSED RESEARCH THAT COULD CHANGE OUR LIVES
13 POINTS TO LEARN
1. “Repeatedly we are finding that no amount of science will convince any skeptic who does not want to be convinced about the afterlife.”
2. “These so-called skeptics are nothing but hard core materialists – those who staunchly and completely deny psi and the afterlife (eg Paul Kurtz, Ray Hyman, James Randi, Richard Wiseman). They unfairly and dishonestly hijacked the word ‘skeptic’ to make themselves more acceptable.
3. “This litany of ‘you can’t prove the negative’ is absolute rubbish. We positively stated WHAT the evidence is – the onus now is on these materialists to show why the evidence cannot be accepted.”
4. “Let’s get one thing clear. The close minded skeptics, the hard core materialists are in the extreme minority - less than 5%. Andrew Greely, a sociologist, states that surveys have repeatedly shown that the really hard core materialists or closed minded skeptics those who do not believe in the afterlife constitute only some 5% of the American public.”
5. ‘Materialism is a fundamentalist religion with many priests but with no congregation.’ Richard Milton said that.
6. On CSICOP: (Committee for Scientific Investigation of the Paranormal). “First, this CSICOP is NOT scientific. The study of its origin shows that those genuine scientists resigned from it because they saw CSICOP NOT as ‘scientific’ but as negative active propaganda against the paranormal.” CSICOP’s president Paul Kurtz, was NOT a scientist but a philosopher. As a professor he uttered a most unscientific statement that he ‘believes that the paranormal does not and cannot exist.’
7. On James Randi: “He says he used to be a magician, someone who is also trained in deception. He’s not a scientist, he’s not an empiricist, he’s not formally trained in experimenting. He’s NEVER done any repeatable experiments. He never submitted any study for peer review. He’s a hard core deeply entrenched closed minded materialist. He’s an expert at ‘verbal sleight of hand’ – and has fooled many people.
8. On Randi’s alleged $1m offer: “Utter rubbish! A ‘verbal sleight of hand’ to fool, hoodwink, mislead and deceive the American and other people. Many applied but no gifted medium was EVER allowed to even attempt the challenge. Randi is on record for saying, “I always have a way out (of paying).” While on this subject, Randi himself FAILED to win $1million from Victor Zammit – he FAILED to show why Victor’s objective afterlife evidence cannot be accepted”.
9. On Richard Wiseman: “…First, technically he is NOT a pedigree scientist. He’s NOT a hands-on clinical psychologist. He’s an academic lecturer. The record shows he’s a closed minded skeptic, a materialist and he has NEVER found anything in favor of psi. As such he should NEVER investigate gifted psychics because he is on record as stating that they cannot be genuine – he violates the legal adage ‘no one should be a judge in his own cause!’”
10. Dr Marilyn Schlitz showed that Wiseman’s results cannot be trusted because of the ‘experimenter effect’. He inevitably influences results to be negative; he does not have the technical ‘unprejudiced competence’ to conduct an experiment fairly.
11. Be aware that materialists in any debate will pick on weak psychics to show that psychic phenomena are not valid. You must learn the classic psychic events which shattered the world – and which have NOT been rebutted. (*you could memorize some five classic cases. To help you collect some of these go to BOOK http://www.victorzammit.com/book/index.html ).
12. Orthodox science has NEVER shown that the afterlife does not or cannot exist. BUT the 'new scientists' show the opposite: that quantum physics is showing that other realities (afterlife, psi) are not only possible but probable!
One favorite tactic applied by these negatives is to try to show how the medium, the psychic could have attempted to cheat by using fraudulent methods. Then afterwards, they will say, “see we showed you how they cheated” and then dishonestly claim “he was proved to be a fraud/quack”. The insidious, malevolent motivation is that by repeating the attacks on the credibility of gifted mediums, psychics and psi empiricists and scientists some of the mud will stick!
These materialists will try to influence the media by claiming to be representative of “official science”, conniving by negative manipulation of information that ‘science does not agree with the psychic’s positively produced results.’ Uninformed editors may swallow the rubbish UNLESS the editor has the capacity to perceive the issue with true balanced equanimity and a detailed knowledge of the facts.
For more information contact Victor Zammit email@example.com This is a free service extended to psychics and psi empiricists who have to deal with closed minded skeptics/materialists. If you have anything to contribute please feel free to contact me anytime.